Aetna Principal Data Engineer - 51749BR in Wellesley, Massachusetts
Req ID: 51749BR
Provides strategic leadership for the design, development, testing and delivery of large scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. Acts as the data engineering team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
· Leads development and execution of highly complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
· Writes highly complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
· Leverages broad knowledge of market-leading edge technologies and specialized expertise in programming skills such as Python or Java or any of the major languages to creatively solve highly complex business problems.
· Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with detailed knowledge of multiple programming languages and data infrastructure.
· Designs complex, production systems and creates custom packages using multiple programming languages to solve challenging analytical problems.
· Acts as thought leader to provide expert technical consultation to senior IT management strategic planning groups.
· Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
· Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems to promote integrated corporate business systems.
· Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
Collaborates cross-functionally to build and convert algorithms and models into production systems to support enterprise initiatives.
· Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
Provides guidance for enterprise-wide technology roadmap.
· Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
· Applies knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
· 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
· Has in-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
· Expert experience implementing complex, enterprise-wide data transformation and processing solutions.
· Expert knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
· Expertise in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
· Expert experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
· Proven ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources and build innovative solutions.
· Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
· Superior collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
Mastersdegree desired, PHD a plus
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Data & Analytics
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.