Aetna Sr Underwriting Associate (Central Markets) in Sugar Land, Texas
Req ID: 55029BR
Are you passionate about making a difference in Healthcare? Do you want to be at the forefront of change? Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna s Central Middle Market new and renewal business team is looking for Senior Underwriting Associates who will support Aetna's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective underwriting.Underwriting support primarily includes identifying, evaluating, and managing risk in order to maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
#AetnaCareers #underwriting #WeJoinYou
· Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new and/or renewal of large group contracts andaccountings.
· Prepares and delivers new business quotes and/or existing business renewals and/or accountings.
· Applies underwriting guidelines and escalates underwriting exceptions/financial variances for their assigned cases to the appropriate level.
· Assists sales personnel in explaining rate/fee,accounting balance development and communicating underwriting policy
· Produces timely and accurate customer specific documents, deliverables and accounting related information.
· 1-3 years experience in underwriting/accounting concepts, pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills.
· Demonstrated success in collaborating with others to meet/exceed expectations.
· Strong attention to detail. Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents.
· Experience working with standard Microsoft Office product.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional -Underwriting/Rating methodologies and/or functions (rating and accounting)./1-3Years
Functional -Underwriting/New business - group medical/1-3 Years
Functional -Underwriting/Pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended, alternate, etc.)/1-3Years
Functional -Underwriting/Renewal - group medical/1-3 Years
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth,achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Underwriting
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.