Aetna Finance Internship in Phoenix, Arizona
Req ID: 51727BR
Start date: June 3rd, 2019
End Date: August 9th, 2019
What it is
Aetna s internship experience is known as the Summer Associate Program and is a nationally recognized experience. It is a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a valuable impact on our company s mission to make a difference in people s lives. Our program has been recognized for 3 consecutive years as a result of VAULT Top Internship Survey.
Our Summer Associates receive valuable work experience and participate in:
· A cross-functional project that provides solutions to real business issues at Aetna
· Community service initiatives
· A guided mentoring program
· Networking events
· Discussions with senior leaders
And our Summer Associates have an increased likelihood of receiving an offer for a future role with Aetna.
What are the goals
The Finance Internship is targeted toward students interested in developing a corporate view and learning about functions within the Finance organization of a Fortune company. Finance Summer Associates are placed into a role that may focus on financial analytics, systems, processes, or other areas. This internship serves as an entry point into the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP), which is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop high-potential finance talent into future finance leaders at Aetna.
What you will do
The Finance Internship is a ten-week internship that provides high-potential students with an opportunity to gain exposure to Aetna's finance organization, develop their financial acumen, and obtain knowledge of the health care industry. In addition to Aetna s internship activities, Finance Summer Associates will attend Finance onboarding and training, participate in networking activities with Finance leadership, be paired with an experienced Finance mentor, engage in learning and developmental-focused activities and speaker series, and build lasting relationships in the Summer Associate Program and across our organization.
Finance areas include but are not limited to:
· Internal Audit
· Performance Planning & Risk Management
· Controllers & Accounting
· Business Unit Finance
· Corporate Finance
· Investment Management
What you need
· Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing, and vertically within the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
· Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
· Resourcefulness and ability to quickly and successfully adapt to change
· Demonstrate a commitment to integrity, the Aetna code of Conduct and respect for diversity
You are eligible if you
· Are currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business (preferably in Finance or Accounting but other quantitative majors such as Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or Engineering are also considered)
· Have a 3.0+ GPA (preferred)
· Related business/internship experience in Health Insurance, Accounting, or Finance fields is preferred, but not required
· Demonstrated leadership via school clubs, other organizations, volunteer work, etc
· Have an anticipated graduation date between December 2019 - June 2021
· Have a willingness to relocate (if applicable) to one of our main Finance offices in Hartford, CT or Phoenix, AZ; and potentially additional US-based offices for the summer
o Summer housing coordination and stipend may be provided to those that qualify
· Have an interest in a full-time position within the FLDP upon graduation and mobility for FLDP rotations (Hartford, CT and other US locations)
What we do
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Please note this position is not eligible for benefits.
Job Function: Special Situations
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.