Aetna Senior Software Engineer (Java/ Big Data) 66069BR in New York, New York
Req ID: 66069BR
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
Aetna Digital, part of CVS Health, is looking for Senior Big Data Engineer with Java, Python, or Scala experience to help us leverage data from across the enterprise, the cloud and fog in order to transform, secure and deliver big data use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, Analytics, Streaming and Cloud technologies, you will join a team that is building our core, cloud native health care platform focused on helping people live healthier lives. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in New York, NY or Burlington, MA.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products, brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
• Design, implement, and support data ingestion and consumption pipelines for enterprise-scale datasets, using Big Data tools, such as Kafka, Spark, Presto, and Hive
• Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
• Model data and metadata to support persona-based interactions as defined through interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements, and delivering solutions
• Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
• Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
What we are looking for:
• We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
• We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
• We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. You ve worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and Kafka or similar
• Were a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
• We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
• You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
5-7 years in data engineering or software development in enterprise/web/cloud applications
Big Data expertise with cloud and enterprise level design/implementation
Experience with Hadoop and data in various forms (data warehouses/relational SQL, NoSQL, unstructured data environments)
Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools including: Java, Python, Scala, SQL, Kafka
Strong knowledge of data engineering concepts and platforms; inclusive of data ingestion, data virtualization, data preparation, data visualization and advanced analytics technologies
Strong knowledge of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure
Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
Experience working in an agile environment
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information:
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: CH & S Technology
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.