Aetna Sr Underwriting Consultant (Allina/Aetna) - 56359BR in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Req ID: 56359BR
Do you want to be part of change in Healthcare? Are you a creative thinking when it comes to problem solving? Aetna is hiring a Sr Underwriting Consultant for the Allina/Aetna Joint Venture team!
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
As a Sr Underwriting Consultant,the candidate will support our middle market (51 – 5000 lives) team by sharing their extensive pricing experience and understand the systems that support these arrangements. Produces accurate and timely deliverables while providing superior customer service in support of stated mission and key performance metrics. S/He must have the ability to work effectively with customers(internal and external) to meet their needs as well as Aetna's. The candidate will interact and meet with customers, brokers and consultants and utilizes advanced functionality of rating/ financial tools, reference materials, andsource systems.
#AetnaCareers #Underwriting #WeJoinYou
As a Sr Underwriting Consultant, an individual will have the responsibility:
· Negotiate and explains application of more complex underwriting concepts, rate/fee development and policies.
· Analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of losses of clients.
· Collaborating with Sales and Service partners,the Sr Underwriting Consultant will work to help set strategies to balance the needs of the plan sponsor and Aetna.
· Evaluate and recommend alternative pricing options and plan design changes based on economic analysis and trends.
· Prepare financial modeling for reserve calculation, budget calculation, and other ongoing reviews that directly aligns with client strategies.
· Validate renewals and request for proposals for accuracy including utilization & experience reporting.
· Anticipate customer needs, facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy, and build strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal organizations.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned
· Previous (5-7 years) experience in medical underwriting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements, strongly preferred in the 100-3000 lives.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and independent thinking skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Underwriting/Rating methodologies and/or functions (rating and accounting)./4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended,alternate, etc.)/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Financial arrangements/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Alternate Funding arrangements/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Renewal - group medical/4-6 Years
Finance/Creating Profitable Customers/ADVANCED
Finance/Delivering Profit and Performance/ADVANCED
Finance/Managing Aetna 'sRisk/ADVANCED
This position will be an office-based. Upon completion of training, flexible telework/office-based schedule may be considered.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Interested in an Underwriting Opportunity at Aetna? Join one of our upcoming virtual office hours with an Underwriting recruiter!
Tuesdays from 12:30 – 1:15 PM EST
Click here to registered https://aet.na/2yCWHtp
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth,achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you beaked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Underwriting
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.