Aetna Principal .Net Consultant in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 52805BR
Responsible for managementand building a team of web programmers, and analysts, with the primaryresponsibility for the delivery of the web infrastructure/ applications/ projectsthat provide tactical and strategic solutions to constituent needs. Idealcandidate will apply industry wide understanding of technology, tools andmethodologies to assist in developing solutions on projects of strategicsignificance. While evaluating andidentifying issues and constraints pertaining to a technology approach,candidate will coordinate the evaluation of solutions to insure adherence toAetna technology solutions and will provide thought leadership for analyticalsolutions, tools and studies e.g. Prediction/Forecasting tools with Near-timesimulation capabilities. The abilityto work in a fast-paced environment and a passion for exceeding user s expectations are key qualities to be successfulin this role.
· Leadsdevelopment of solutions with highly complexity and risk with business areaimplications.
· Innovate,ideate and execute the business needs from start to finish, by defining thearchitecture need of the web application/s, database/ server capacityevaluations, and design, while managing the implementation of supportprocesses.
· Providesexpert technical consultation to innovate, build and support the webapplications.
· Preparesthe Logical and Physical data models for the web applications and ensuresrelational/ database design standards are met to meet current and futuristicbusiness needs.
· Developapplication prototypes to share project vision, content strategy and visualdesigns into action; while providing support of navigational design,wire-frames, and examples.
· Fullyaccountable for the resolution of potential impacts of infrastructure,application and environmental changes to supported and related systems.
· Designsand implements access controls to protect data and applications (roles, rules,profiles, groups); schedules the performance/ stress testing evaluations toensure highly reliability to meet SLAs; defines database archival strategies
· Drivesefforts to maintain close working partnerships with support organizations (DBA,Midrange Server Support, Infrastructure, Web Engineering, Code AssetManagement, Performance Monitoring) and proactively encourages opencommunications and coordination of activities with key customers.
· DefineApplication Policies and provides guidance for ongoing system maintenance,research, and support, documentation for existing systems, and software/ hardwareupgrades.
· Prepares/Communicateson team activity and status of the application timelines specific to variousphases which include: design, development, testing, analysis and performance/stress testing, User Acceptance test.
· Providesadvice, guidance and support to ensure application/s availability andcompliance with established SLAs.
· Championsthe use of the Code Asset Management process (DevOps).
· Advancedlevel knowledge of business areas and understanding of required infrastructuretechnology processes.
· Extensiveexperience in enterprise, application and information architecture to buildapplications from scratch.
· Capabilityto work effectively with business unit leads, and IT staff.
· Effectivecommunication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicatetechnical ideas and results to non-technical business leads in written andverbal form.
· Diversework experience in the software development field; helps develop and directstrategic changes to the applications that support a sub-domain or domain.
The highest level of education desired forcandidates in this position is a Master s in Computer Science or Bachelor withequivalent experience.
· MCSD(Microsoft Certified Solution Developer)
· 10+years experience in project delivery, systems analysis, application programdevelopment, technology support packages, and product/technology evaluations.
· Subjectmatter expert in J2EE and .Net knowledge, concepts and architecture.
· Awareof emerging technologies and ability to evaluate for appropriate use (e.g.Phyton scripting, D3).
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
New team isresponsible for building the state-to-art capabilities to drive future growth(Sales).
Aetna is about morethan just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare forAmerica and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve thequality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations tocome.
We care about eachother, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference,and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we willempower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equalopportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics orstatus. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, peopleof color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a companybuilt on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement anddiversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibilitymay vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with thisposition.
Job Function: Health Care
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.