Aetna Lead Data Engineer in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 53990BR
Manages and responsible for successful delivery of largescale data structures and Pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform(ETL)workflows. Acts as the data engineering team lead for large and complexprojects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoringin support of company objectives.
• Designsand develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize,collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reportingneeds.
• Writescomplex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systemsand develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
• Developframeworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associatedproducts.
• Designsdata marts and data models to support Data Science and other internalcustomers.
• Behavesas mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
• Appliesknowledge of Aetna systems and products to consult and advise on additionalefforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
• Collaborateswith data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and modelsinto highly available, production systems.
• Uses in-depthknowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing &optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
• Usesadvanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages tobuild robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
• Integratesdata from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality andaccessibility standards.
• Experimentswith available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimalsolution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
• 7 or more years of progressivelycomplex related experience.
• Has in-depth knowledge of largescale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
• Experiencebuilding and implementing data transformation and processing solutions.
• Advanced knowledge in Hadooparchitecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queriesagainst data in the HDFS environment.
• Advancedknowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
• Experiencewith bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
• Abilityto understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analyticalproblems.
• Ability to leverage multiple toolsand programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets fromdisparate data sources.
• Provenability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems.
• Ability to communicate technicalideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
Master s degree desired, PHD a plus.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth,achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate s data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Data & Analytics
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.