Aetna Financial Reporting & Analysis Consultant, Medicare in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Req ID: 53460BR
Join a high-performing Medicare finance team supporting CVS Health and Aetna s Medicare business! This is an excellent opportunity for an advanced finance person or Actuarial student who is looking to gain Medicare knowledge by submitting annual filings and performing monthly reserve estimates.
The position requires technical skills and a strong focus on customer relations. There will be a strong focus on customer relations, as we work together with many internal employees, team and vendors.
Fundamental Components / Job Description
· Provide data and analysis to support the MLR (Medical Loss Ratio) Process
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert on the Medicare MLR Annual Filing or Monthly Reserve Calculation
· Assistwith reviews of Aetna s Annual Statements, Supplemental Healthcare Exhibit and Commercial MLR filings
· Assistwith analysis of key components of financial results and address questions as needed
· Streamline processes for efficiency and identify cost savings opportunities within defined scope
· Analyzenew reporting methods and revise unit processes as needed to provide more meaningful and timely analysis
· Assistwith analysis of key components of financial results
· Enhance communication skills by engaging other departments to provide insight and review of key MLR components
Additional Candidate Information
This Medicare finance position will provide you with a deep understanding of Medicare financials. The position will provide the candidate:
· A detailed view of the MLR provision written into the Affordable Care Act of 2010
· An understanding of how the Medicare Bid process works
· An understanding of the benefits Medicare beneficiaries receive and how those benefits impact MLR reporting
· A high level understanding of the Medicare business impacts to GAAP and STAT reporting
If you have an interest in Government Programs and how Medicare impacts the organization, this may be the position for you.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities.We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action torecruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Financial Services
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.