Aetna Financial Accounting Assistant in Farnborough, United States
Req ID: 54401BR
Financial/Accounting Assistant (12 month fixed term contract)
In this role, you will support the teams' objectives by performing a broad range of basic accounting and financial tasks including clerical and administration responsibilities.
Your responsibilities will be to:• Perform basic payment –related transactions, i.e., broker payment, claim payment, accounts payable payment, or
• Record cash book transactions on electronic bank system and process cash transactions
• Balance and reconcile financial information.
• Prepare and record routine journal entries in support of financial transactions.
• Identify problems and elevate them to supervisors.
• Prepare basic reconciliations in line with the Aetna policies and procedures, pursuing outstanding items to resolution.
• Complete general clerical duties as required.
• Administer business procedures ensuring compliance requirements are satisfied.
• Maintain strong collaborative relationship with customers and internal business partners to maintain a high performance culture.
• Provide professional, prompt, and accurate service to all internal and external customers.
• Adheres to best practices, and strives for continuous improvement.
• Exhibit solid understanding and compliance with all Aetna policies and procedures.
• Exhibits the following Finl Acctg Assistant Behaviors
MS Excel (intermediate)
Experience in a finance/numerate role where strong attention to detail is key
Experience of working with foreign currencies preferred, but not essential
Excellent team working and communication skills
Education and Certification Requirements
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C/4 minimum
Job Function: Financial Services
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.