Aetna Web Architect in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 66455BR
Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. Aetna Digital s mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience through innovative and transformational technology. As the digital organization to Aetna and CVS Health, we are responsible for digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products and services that drives engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be part of the team that will build this next generation platform.
We leverage a fully cloud-native technology stack that s API driven and utilizes some of the latest technology frameworks (serverless, containerization, microservices). You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies like Web Components and Progressive Web Apps and participate in hackathons. Employing your knowledge and expertise in application development, design patterns, and software domains, you will join a product team that is building a disruptive, industry leading, cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Aetna Digital is looking for a Web Architect (Front End/Responsive Applications) that will interface with several disciplines within various business units including UI, PM, Partners, Engineering, etc., as well as outside partners & vendors towards the creation of a unified customer facing experience. This role requires a talented software development professional with a deep technical background and experience building excellent user focused solutions and who will drive forward innovation to deliver cutting edge application solutions.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design.
• Keen interest and passion towards keeping abreast of current technologies & trends.
• Good sense of how mobile web/apps should be architected to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility.
• Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams.
• Ability to source ideas from developers, as well as corral teams to come up with solid solutions.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis on technical issues and problems.
• Collaborate with internal & external groups, partner with vendors to extend the platform as needed.
• Strong interest in user-experience design and how it should be applied to application design.
• Self-motivated to seeking out opportunities to move the application, its design, and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
• Enjoy communicating and collaborating with developers to discuss innovative ideas and concepts.
• Enjoys the challenges associated with creating software for large audiences
• A disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of modern web frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue) development experience
• 7+ years of hands-on software development experience
• Experience with design and development of large complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, implementation, and testing
• Thorough understanding of Modern Web Frameworks, responsive design, and architectural patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM…etc)
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Excellent presentation skills
• Experience working in an Agile SDLC (SAFe Agile a plus)
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: CH & S Technology
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.