Aetna Product Designer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 53111BR
Aetna s new digital product team, Aetna Digital, is pioneering a new way for users to manage their healthcare. This isn't your parents' health insurance. We re a nimble, startup-like team of hungry, quirky, and digitally-savvy product experts using the latest technology like biometrics, wearables, and more to usher in new and thoughtful experiences to the millions who rely on us to help them make decisions about their health.
But we need help! We re looking for a Product Designer to develop creative answers to complex design problems and help re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe for generations to come.
What You ll Do
• Be an integral part of the product lifecycle from start to finish
• Utilize the full range of your UX, interface, and visual design skills
• Develop user stories, flows, mental models, and other supporting, often quick-and-dirty user research when necessary
• Quickly prototype (Invision, Principle, Origami Studio, code: your choice) that express design intent
• Work across departments to understand product potential and limitations
• Work with Product Design leadership to help establish, nurture, and promote a scalable design system
• 3+ years bringing digital products to life
• Breathtaking aesthetic sense with sharp attention to detail
• Familiar with iOS, Android/Material Design, and web design best practices
• An insatiably curious spirit looking to learn
• Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop and a willingness to try new tools
• Familiar with user-centered design philosophies
• Ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are
• Awareness of how cognitive sciences (especially those around habit creation and motivation) can be applied to digital interfaces to reduce health insurance stress while also helping people create healthier habits
• Solid understanding of tech and UI s relationship, their possibilities, and their limitations
• Motion/animation experience using Principle, Framer, or other prototyping tools
• Experience with git or other version control methods
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment; extra credit for SAFe experience
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: CH&S TECHNOLOGY
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.