Aetna Java BPM Engineer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 49934BR
Aetna Consumer Health & Products mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience.
This team is responsible for Aetnas digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap.
A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud Engineering, Machine Learning or Current Architectural Patterns, you will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise.
We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
· Expert experience in Java engineering, frameworks, unit testing frameworks
· Strong experience working with BPM technologies, such as Appian, Pegasystems, or Salesforce. Experience developing and building solutions leveraging those technologies.
· Work with product managers and the scrum team to effectively translate the business requirements into the BPM workflows and Java components that require engineering
· Demonstrates ability to remove problems and overcome roadblocks during the project. The candidate should also have good verbal and written communication skills
· Works with cross-function team, using agile practices, writes, debugs and delivers code
· Produces solid, thoroughly tested features
· Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
· Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
· 6+ years of Java/J2EE software development experience
· 3+ years of experience building native cloud solutions
· 3+ years delivering solutions leveraging BPM technologies such as Appian, Pegasystems or Salesforce
· Hands-on experience with APIs, microservices
· Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
· Experience with XML/JSON and developing REST Services
· Expert experience leveraging container based technologies
· Working knowledge of big data technologies
· Multiple years of experience delivery solutions through an Agile delivery methodology
· Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands
· Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
· Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
· Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
· Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Unknown