Aetna Lead Healthcare Data Scientist in Wellesley, Massachusetts
Req ID: 39900BR
Clinical Analytics Lead Data Scientist (P4)
Aetna s Consumer Health Services – Clinical Analytics team is seeking a Lead Data Scientist to develop advanced analytic solutions to improve effectiveness of our Pharmacy business. This position will use predictive and behavioral analytics, and analytically derived insights to develop and test solutions that improve consumer and provider engagement, health outcomes and lower health care costs.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This position is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about applying innovations in data science and machine learning to improve health care services and outcomes. The team uses an industry leading scalable data platform and techniques in creating solutions to challenging business problems. You would be part of a new and expanding Pharmacy Analytics team, with plenty of opportunities to interact with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization. You will be responsible for partnering with Aetna Pharmacy business leaders to understand their operations and data, and developing insights to support their decision making. You will extract and manipulate claims and prescription data from multiple, large data sources, and use advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses to identify trends, evaluate scenarios and make predictions on future outcomes and value drivers. This is a fast-paced, collaborative and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility and flexibility.
Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques
Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing
Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice
Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• 7 or more years of progressively complex related experience
• Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas.
• Solid understanding of health care industry, products, and systems preferred
• Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
• Experience using R and Python to manipulate large datasets and develop statistical models
• Knowledge of data management in a Hadoop environment, including use of HIVE or Pig
• Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
• Master s degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Economics, Physics, Engineering or related discipline. PhD preferred.