Aetna Senior Data Scientist in New York, New York
Req ID: 40746BR
Aetna s Consumer Health Services Analytics Team creates cutting edge analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within the organization. We are currently looking for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist to play a pivotal role in the creation and deployment of information products. The position is office based in either our Wellesley, MA; Harford, CT or our New York, NY location.
Position Summary: Leads and participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Solves complex analytical problems.
· Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
· Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry
· Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics
· Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions
· Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization
· Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions
· Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
· Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
· Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
· 5 or more years of progressively complex data analytics related experience.
· Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
· Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
· Experience in SAS or SQL programming languages.
· Experience with big data technologies such as Python, R, Hadoop, and Tableau.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Master s Degree; Ph.D. preferred
Additional Job Information:
Aetna continues to build a world-class Data Science organization to capture data, understand context, generate insights and react in real time. We engage our business partners, providing solutions to improve the consumer experience, increase efficiencies, and optimize health outcomes for our members through leveraging cutting edge technology.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.