Aetna Lead Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics in New York, New York
Req ID: 41160BR
Aetna s Consumer Health Services Analytics Team creates cutting edge analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within the organization. We are currently looking for an exceptional Lead Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics to play a pivotal role in the creation and deployment of information products. The position is office based in either our Wellesley, MA; Harford, CT or our New York, NY location.
Position Summary: Manages and is responsible for the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools to meet business needs. Acts as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
· Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
· Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry.
· Applies analytical rigor & statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
· Manage large & complex analytical projects: data exploration, model building, performance evaluation & testing .
· Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
· Collaborate w/business partners to develop technical/business approaches and new/enhanced technical tools.
· Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
· 7 or more years related experience; deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
· Marketing and consumer analytics including experience with customer segmentation.
· Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas.
· Experience in SAS or SQL programming languages.
· Experience with big data technologies such as Python, R, Hadoop, and Tableau.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Master s Degree; Ph.D. preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna continues to build a world-class Data Science organization to capture data, understand context, generate insights and react in real time. We engage our business partners, providing solutions to improve the consumer experience, increase efficiencies, and optimize health outcomes for our members through leveraging cutting edge technology.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.