Aetna Lead Data Engineer in New York, New York
Req ID: 41851BR
Aetna s Data Science Engineering Team is currently looking for an exceptional Lead Data Engineer to play a pivotal role in either our Hartford, CT; Wellesley, MA or New York, NY location.
Position Summary: This role will lead key analytics engineering initiatives for Payment Integrity. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of technical experience & 3+ years of experience with Hadoop ecosystem. Cloud experience is a plus. This position is high visibility will need to communicate advanced technical concepts to a broad audience including very senior levels. Will also need to mentor and give direction to a team of engineers.
· Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
· Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
· Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
· Designs data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
· Acts as a mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
· Applies Aetna systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
· Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
· Uses in-depth knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
· Uses advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
· 7-10 or more years of progressively complex related experience in data science engineering.
· In-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
· In-depth knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
· Advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
· Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
· Master's degree strongly preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna continues to build a world-class Data Science organization to capture data, understand context, generate insights and react in real time. We engage our business partners, providing solutions to improve the consumer experience, increase efficiencies, and optimize health outcomes for our members through leveraging cutting edge technology.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.