Aetna Director of Data Engineering in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 41937BR
Aetna s PDS Analytics Engineering team is currently looking for an exceptional Director of Data Engineering to play a pivotal role in either our Hartford, CT ; Wellesley, MA; or our New York, NY location.
Position Summary: PDS strategic objectives include data movement analytics, marketing digitization, data governance and analytics engineering. The Director of Data Engineering will manage and build a multi-functional team of analysts, clinicians, and managers through leadership and mentoring, holding primary responsibility for the delivery of analytic projects that provide tactical and strategic solutions to constituent needs.
· Oversees applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data; stays informed about industry trends, research findings, and evaluation methods.
· Anticipates and recognizes matters that effect ability to create valid measures, reports and analyses and take appropriate action to reduce bias; formulates department strategy and vision.
· Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
· Drives the overall design or methodology of tactical and strategic solutions that satisfy information needs across products, segments and clients.
· Participates in the development of data reports and/or products that will enhance the retention of current market share and attract new business by demonstrating cost containment and quality initiatives.
· Proactively builds and maintains internal and external key relationships.
· Provides leadership in negotiation and influencing sound business decisions based on data, results and information derived from industry trends, research findings, and Aetna-specific reports and analyses
· Directs the development and delivery of analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive the short and long-term objectives of Aetna.
· Performs or manages the application of research and develops statistical models that answer research and business questions for internal and external clients.
· Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies
· Manages projects, people, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve constituent satisfaction.
· Responsible for team commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
· Motivates, understands, and probes into technical details and mentors his/her direct reports to do the same.
· Manages and builds a strong team of managers and individual contributors through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring and other development techniques.
· Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
· Participates on work groups/ forums representing Aetna to external constituents.
· Receives general direction Informatics Head and is competent to work at the highest level of all aspects of data analyses and presentation.
· 10 or more year of progressively complex related experience in data science engineering.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
· In-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
· Experience with Python, Hadoop, Java, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL, or NoSQL or similar.
· Experience with writing complex ETL processes, designing database systems and developing tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
· Master's degree preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna continues to build a world-class Data Science organization to capture data, understand context, generate insights and react in real time. We engage our business partners, providing solutions to improve the consumer experience, increase efficiencies, and optimize health outcomes for our members through leveraging cutting edge technology.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Health Care