Aetna Solution Architect in Farnborough, United States
Req ID: 45024BR
Deliver business systems and support business customers to meet the organizations needs in a timely, cost effective manner.
Responsible for development, specification and communication of Aetna s architecture and technology plans. Included are the Business, Conceptual, Data, Application and Technical architectures. Ensures development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to
(* denotes essential functions)
• Researches and proposes technical strategies.
• Studies and documents architectural frameworks and reference material.
• Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems and vendor offerings to promote integrated corporate business systems.
• Designs, supports and deploys mechanisms to enhance, refine, and deliver the architecture vision.
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested, independently.
• Solves complex problems
• Create the Conceptual Architecture, Vision and Principles. (*)
• Develop Business models to guide development of the architecture. (*)
• Analyze current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions. (*)
• Provide research and development activities for architecture.
• Complete product positioning and assessments.
• Provide lab and vendor support.
• Provide guidance for enterprise-wide technology.
• Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products. (*)
• Develop & maintain common services, repositories & utility components for the enterprise.
• Develop & maintain enterprise-wide and domain blueprints and models for the architecture portfolio.
• Provide program & project level architectures, including support for data, application & technology architecture. (*)
• Provide data, application & technology deliverables on a program & project level basis including risk & opportunity assessment, modeling and design related products and services. (*)
• Manage the architecture governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture. (*)
• Effectively communicate the architecture to all levels of the organization
•Exhibits the following Employee Behaviors
• 6+ years experience in enterprise, application and information architecture methodologies and design and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Experience with architectural abstractions and design patterns.
• Experience with object-oriented modeling principles (inheritance, polymorphism) and methods (use cases, sequence diagrams, etc.).
Education and Certification Requirements
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
Job Function: Information Technology