Aetna IT Project Manager (Software Delivery) in Farnborough, United States
Req ID: 40980BR
IT Project Manager (Software Delivery)
Provides a consistent, effective operating structure for IT projects through sound IT investment analysis, AIS project management methodology, effective AIS project resource allocation, and consolidated AIS project performance reporting.
Manages the strategic, tactical and integrated activities of multiple complex projects (cost of $1 million+) and/or multiple business-sponsored IT projects to deliver tasks on time, within budget, and within scope.
Responsible for the success of the project(s).
Working in a fully Agile & Dev/Ops environment, the role will control, manage & resource the entire end to end life cycle of a project. This includes initiation, analysis, development, testing, QA & Production Support.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
· Responsible for managing, directing and planning complex projects in fully agile manner.
· Ability to communicate and effectively negotiate with immediate manager(s), peers, and Business with a high level of confidence and composure.
· Leads a dedicated project team in executing assigned tasks and co-ordinating the efforts of internal and external project team members dedicated and/or matrix.
· Ensures that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality.
· Identifies and capitalizes on interdependencies within & outside the project to ensure end-to-end synergy during all phases of the project life cycle
· Develops and manages all key project governance documents, such as but not limited to the Agile project system, Project Charter, Workplan Communications Plan, and Risk Mitigation Strategy.
· Manages the project budget, and reports project cost information in an accurate and timely manner.
· Proactively identifies additional cost-savings to reduce overall project expenditures.
· Co-ordinates engagement of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist in the identification, validation and resolution of business system needs.
· Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances.
· Manages the scope of the project and ensures that scope changes are reviewed and approved by the Finance and Business Sponsor where appropriate & adapted into backlog
· Resolves level 2 & 3 production support issues and ensures resolution is optimized and tests for Release Management
Exhibits the following Project Manager Behaviours
· Provides management with team and individual performance feedback.
· Adheres to existing project management methodology by leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools, capturing best practise, identifying areas for process improvement, and the associated implementation.
· Monitors and holds project resources accountable for meeting performance metrics.
· Creates and maintains a highly collaborative PM community of practise that drives and implements continuous improvements which result in IT and Business Return on Investment.
· Partners and collaborates with the Business in building a strong foundational knowledge of the Business processes to deliver the appropriate IT Business solution.
· Prepares and delivers professional presentations to management and business.
Education and Certification Requirements
· Bachelor degree Computer Science from accredited higher education institution
· Agile Methodology understanding
Job Function: Information Technology