Aetna Sr. Data Scientist – Operations Research in Denver, Colorado
Req ID: 41822BR
Aetna s Data Science organization creates cutting edge analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within the organization. We are currently looking for an exceptional Sr. Data Scientist – Operations Research for our Denver, CO location.
Position Summary: The Sr. Data Scientist – Operations Research on the Aetna Digital Business Intelligence team will run the gambit turning data into information and wisdom through the development and automation of simple and complex reports utilizing different technologies, testing for the existence of theories through complex modeling, mining extremely large data sets, communicating theories/approaches and results to different levels of stakeholders, and dropping any ego in discussions to build a friendly and helpful environment in which we all enjoy working. There will be a component of helping train others, and learning from others, so a willingness to help grow the skill sets of team members as well as their own is a core aspect of this position.
· Develop and automate reports ranging in complexity from basic application utilization to complex outcomes evaluation analysis.
· Apply simple and complex mathematical models in order to sniff out and test for the effects of theories in the real world.
· Communicate findings and new capabilities to a wide range of stakeholders; from CEO's and Presidents to low level engineers and developers.
· Deploy a developed model onto a server or in a cloud based data architecture, tailoring implementation methods to match scale, speed, and complexity of the problem we are trying to solve.
· Work towards the goal of creating a cross-functional team capable of working from a Kanban.
· Utilizing agile software development rituals to align closely with dev teams and deliver value through integrating data derived insights and capabilities into the application.
· 5+years experience in a position requiring complex analytics in a team based atmosphere.
· Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools including: R, Python, Spark, SQL, Hive, d3.js, Tableau, Adobe, Java, node.js.
· 3+ years in application development/software industry.
Experience analyzing big data to process in memory (tera- or petabytes).
· Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
· Strong organizational skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Master s Degree.
Additional Job Information:
We have the mentality and flexibility of a start-up with the resources of a fortune 50 company. When you think of our current leadership, don't think stuffy insurance salesman; think serial start-up entrepreneur, because that's who is leading our software development effort. What does that mean? Ping-pong tables, video games, catered lunches and breakfast, on site massages, and kegs in the office + the pockets and market share to work with national brands like Apple to achieve our goals. We are in the process of ramping up to change healthcare in ways that have yet to be explored, and as a Sr. Data Scientist – Operations Research you will be on the front lines of developing the capabilities that will drive the core strategy for one of the largest digital transformation initiatives there is! Come to where the healthcare data lives, and help us use it to make impactful changes in 10s of millions of people s lives.
Aetna continues to build a world-class Data Science Organization to capture data, understand context, generate insights and react in real time. We engage our business partners, providing solutions to improve the consumer experience, increase efficiencies, and optimize health outcomes for our members through leveraging cutting edge technology.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.